Appearances matter a lot these days. You will not be able to make a good impression if you don’t look attractive. A missing tooth is sure to affect your appearance. Do you want to have your missing tooth restored? The best option is to go for dental implant. Why are dental implants considered to be the best choice to restore missing teeth? To know the answer, you should know the importance of dental implant.
Significance of dental implant
- Permanent solution – Have you lost a tooth or teeth due to injury or periodontal disease? Don’t worry. Dental implants or implants dentaires, as referred to in French, are permanent solution to your missing or damaged tooth. In the past, tooth bridges were used to restore missing tooth. Tooth bridges may last only for 5 to 7 years. On the other hand, if properly taken care of, dental implants can last a lifetime.
- A good substitute for natural teeth – You need not worry about the replaced tooth loosening while eating or talking or laughing because of the strong foundation. It has a natural and real look. You need not be conscious of the implant when you smile and laugh. You can brush the restored tooth like natural tooth.
- No damages to healthy teeth – Dental bridges may need a little grinding away of the healthy teeth nearby. You are assured of full protection to your healthy teeth when you go for dental implant.
- No fear of cavities -The good news is that the restored teeth are free of cavity risk.
- No restrictions in eating – When you go for removable dentures, you may not be able to eat all your favorite foods. Dental implants allow you to eat all your favorite foods.
- Healthy jaw bone – When you have a missed tooth, it not only affects your looks but also the health of the jaw bone. Your jaw bone will lose its firmness and strength if there are empty spaces between teeth. Dental implants actually strengthen your jaw bone and stimulate the growth of bone growth. This is certainly a big bonus.
- Better self esteem – When you can speak easily and when you can smile easily, you self esteem will surely improve.
Beautiful smile, improved appearance, increased self esteem and better life are the results of dental implants. What more can you ask for? Dental implants are certainly the first choice to restore missing tooth.